JOB TITLE: Public Engagement Director
Department: Public Engagement
Proposed Immediate Superior: CEO
Leading and Managing Communications and Fundraising vertical at Arpan
Public Engagement Director
|Key Objectives of the Job
||Develop and lead the Public Engagement team to raise resources for Arpan and market Arpan to enhance programmes.
||The major responsibilities are:
- Plan & Execute as per co-created Communications and Fundraising strategy
- Identify & develop new corporate, HNI donors and maximize fundraising opportunities. Raise 3-4 crores per year.
- Effectively engage with donors at all levels.
- Continuously build networks and increase Arpan’s visibility amongst influential circles
- Support CEO by taking ownership of all external engagements, and managing key relationships
- Networking & coordinating with leading national & local media as print, electronic, digital/social networking sites; for Arpan, its work and the cause
- Marketing of all products & services of Arpan to strategic partners, national/ international forums; e-commerce platforms to enable access to resources developed by Arpan
- Develop, train and manage a new dedicated organization vertical to execute Arpan’s communications and fundraising strategy.
||Raising funds for a complex and unacknowledged issue such as child sexual abuse.Managing External & Internal Communication for stakeholders appropriately in a time-bound response & ensuring smooth implementation of all events
|Specialized job competencies
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills with an ability to explain Arpan’s story in a concise manner across a diverse stakeholder set
- Experience in planning. Eye for detail.
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of successful execution of organizational/ department strategy
- Demonstrated skills in building and leading a team.
||MBA/PGDBM in Marketing & communications or any related field.
||2-3 years of experience in a senior role. Should have experience in raising funds.
|Other desired attributes
||Ability to work in a small team; interested in setting up and building organizations for the long term; good interpersonal skills; ability to handle high-pressure situations.
||Rs. 1.2 – 1.5 lakhs per month plus travel
(depending on qualification and years of experience)