Job Title: M&E Manager
Department: Monitoring & Evaluation
Proposed Immediate Superior: Director M&E
Monitoring & Evaluation
|Key Objectives of the Job
- Creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of program activities
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the Director M&E
- Establishing, modifying and monitoring key performance indicators to report and record physical progress for specific projects within all Programs of Arpan
- Analyze changes and patterns in performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Ensure that all data related queries from Donors, Partners & Senior Management of Arpan are addressed in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the impact of Arpan’s Programs
- Manage a team of M&E officer(s) delineating their responsibilities in order to support programmatic activities of Arpan and ensure these are monitored and evaluated in a timely, efficient and effective matter
- Coach, train, and mentor the M&E as well as Program teams with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge and providing professional development guidance in conjunction with the Director M&E
- Develop Individual Performance Index, other indicators in support of other staff
- Create a well-defined framework for Monitoring & Evaluation of all programs within Arpan
- Manage and build capacities of the M&E team to ensure effective and accurate data collection and analysis to provide inputs to program team
- Collaborate with the Program staff to prepare monthly, quarterly and final narrative
- Ensure effective implementation of field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the impact of Arpan’s Programs
- Ensure accurate updates related to program performance are shared with Program teams, Senior Management and External Partners/Donors in a timely manner
- Other related tasks assigned by the supervisor
|Specialized job competencies
- Knowledge of and experience in designing and using Research and M & E tools, survey, surveillance systems and evaluations
- Knowledge of M&E Logical Framework Approach
- Well acquainted with statistical packages and database mgt. systems such as SPSS, STATA, SQL etc.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach
- Proven writing skills in English, Hindi and preferable Marathi, both on-line and off-line.
- Articulate in verbal communication especially in English and Hindi. Knowledge of Marathi is preferable.
- Traveling to intervention sites will be required
- Work experience with nonprofit organizations is preferred. Experience working with children is a plus
- Experience in Internet communication, social networking and digital platforms.
- Should be able to work towards targets and multi-task
||A university degree in social sciences, development studies, statistics, demography, economics or related field
||8-10 years of experience
|Other desired attributes
||Ability to work in a small team; long term association with organization
||Rs. 70,000– 80,000 pm plus travel
Arpan is an award winning organisation working hard to address the issue of child sexual abuse in India. Based in Mumbai, Arpan is the largest NGO in India in this specific area with over 60 social workers and counselors providing prevention and intervention services to children and adults. Over the last 8 years Arpan has reached out to over 135,000 children and adults directly through its services and over 525,000 indirectly through training and capacity building of various stakeholders and public and policy advocacy. Arpan’s key project is teaching children personal safety skills in schools so that they can identify and seek help in an unsafe situation. Arpan also empowers teachers, parents with knowledge, attitude and skills to prevent and deal with child sexual abuse. Arpan aspires to reach out to millions of more children and adults to safeguard the innocent and vulnerable children and hopes to scale by building new engagement models with schools around the country.