Arpan is an award winning organization working hard to address the issue of child sexual abuse in India. Based in Mumbai, Arpan is the largest NGO in India in this specific area with over 50 social workers and counselors providing prevention and intervention services to children and adults. Over the last 10 years Arpan has reached out to over 150,000 children, adolescents and adults directly through its services of prevention and intervention and over 530,000 indirectly through training and capacity building of various stakeholders. Arpan’s key project is teaching children personal safety skills in schools so that they can identify and seek help in an unsafe situation. Arpan also empowers teachers, parents with knowledge, attitude, and skills to prevent and deal with child sexual abuse. Arpan aspires to reach out to millions of more children and adults to safeguard the innocent and vulnerable children and hopes to scale by building new engagement models with schools around the country.
We are now at an inflection point in our journey: In order to achieve our aspirations, we are developing two distinct verticals to support the organization. One focused on services delivery, and the other aimed at ensuring strengthened strategic communications with our various stakeholders.
JOB TITLE : M&E Executive
Department: Research & Development
Proposed Immediate Superior: Director R & D
Director Research & Development
Director Research & Development
|Key Objectives of the Job
- The M&E Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating initiatives, programs and projects, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency and success from start to finish.
- S/he will be responsible for establishing, modifying and monitoring key performance indicators to report and record physical progress for specific programs and projects within all Programs of Arpan
- She/he will manage a team of M&E officer(s) delineating their responsibilities by project specific in order to support programmatic activities of Arpan and ensure these are monitored and evaluated in a timely, efficient and effective matter.
- Identify the M&E training needs of the M&E team and work with the team and other vertical staff to plan and implement training that meets these needs.
- Coach, train, and mentor M&E Officers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the M&E team and providing professional development guidance in conjunction with the Director R & D
- Coordinate and support refresher M&E training for program staff as needed, with the support of the Director R&D.
- Creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Define and implement the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Develop Individual Performance Index, other indicators in support of other staff
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Weekly monitoring report, training reports
- S/he also responsible for analysis, developing reports and will collaborate with the other staff to prepare monthly, quarterly and final narrative
- Manage M&E Officers while they create and revise tools and data collection procedures under the supervision of the M&E Manager/Director R&D (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
- Other related tasks assigned by the supervisor
|Specialized job competencies
- Research Methodology, Good analytic knowledge
- SPSS, STATA, other statistical packages
- Knowledge in M&E LFA
- Designing tools relevant to the context
- Experience working with children is a plus
- Work experience with nonprofit organizations would be essential
- Proven writing skills in English, Hindi and preferable Marathi, both on-line and off-line.
- Articulate in verbal communication especially in English and Hindi. Knowledge of Marathi is preferable.
- Experience in Internet communication, social networking and digital platforms.
- Candidate should be a team player and should exhibit good organizational and social skills.
- Should be able to work towards targets and multi-task.
- Traveling to intervention sites and within country if required
||A university degree in social sciences, development studies, statistics, demography, economics or related fieldPsychology is preferred
||5-6 years of experience in M&E
|Other desired attributes
||Ability to work in a small team; long term association with organization
||As per market standards and relevant academic qualifications and experiential background of the selected candidate
Arpan is an award winning organization working hard to address the issue of child sexual abuse in India. Based in Mumbai, Arpan is the largest NGO in India in this specific area with over 60 social workers and counselors providing prevention and intervention services to children and adults. Over the last 8 years Arpan has reached out to over 135,000 children and adults directly through its services and over 525,000 indirectly through training and capacity building of various stakeholders and public and policy advocacy. Arpan’s key project is teaching children personal safety skills in schools so that they can identify and seek help in an unsafe situation. Arpan also empowers teachers, parents with knowledge, attitude and skills to prevent and deal with child sexual abuse. Arpan aspires to reach out to millions of more children and adults to safeguard the innocent and vulnerable children and hopes to scale by building new engagement models with schools around the country.