Arpan is an award winning organization working hard to address the issue of child sexual abuse in India. Based in Mumbai, Arpan is the largest NGO in India in this specific area with over 50 social workers and counselors providing prevention and intervention services to children and adults. Over the last 10 years Arpan has reached out to over 150,000 children, adolescents and adults directly through its services of prevention and intervention and over 530,000 indirectly through training and capacity building of various stakeholders. Arpan’s key project is teaching children personal safety skills in schools so that they can identify and seek help in an unsafe situation. Arpan also empowers teachers, parents with knowledge, attitude, and skills to prevent and deal with child sexual abuse. Arpan aspires to reach out to millions of more children and adults to safeguard the innocent and vulnerable children and hopes to scale by building new engagement models with schools around the country.
We are now at an inflection point in our journey: In order to achieve our aspirations, we are developing two distinct verticals to support the organization. One focused on services delivery, and the other aimed at ensuring strengthened strategic communications with our various stakeholders.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Manager – Corporate Relations
Department: Fundraising and Communications
Proposed Immediate Superior: Director Fundraising and Communications
Manager – Corporates Relations
Director Fundraising & Communications
Manager – Corporate Relations
|3. Key Objectives of the Job
- Raising funds for a complex and unacknowledged issue such as child sexual abuse.
- Develop strategic marketing partnerships for the organization in line with overall strategy, taking into account Board and funder requirements with the help of the Director
|4. Major Deliverable
||The major responsibilities are:
- Research and identify potential donors (corporate, Foundations, PSUs etc.)
- Develop contact and network in the different types/range of industries where we align with their CSR Policy
- Design and implement individual fundraising plan, quarterly action plans, achieve individual targets, and develop relationships with companies
- Write proposals and presentations to pitch for business development
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of fundraising target including tracking and updating target vs. achievement, keeping records up-to-date
- Work closely with other units, particularly the programs, marketing & communications, to ensure Arpan is represented and positioned appropriately
- Conceptualize fundraising campaigns. Also, prepare fundraising marketing material and content with the Communications team
- Maintain a database of all donors, including, potential corporate donors.
|5. Job Challenge
- Arpan has been focused on HNIs for fundraising. The challenge will be in developing the strategy and raising funds from Corporates, foundations, PSUs etc.
- Strategic Partnerships for Marketing Arpan is a new vertical that has to be developed along with Director Fundraising
|6. Specialized job competencies
- Strong communications skills, with an ability to explain Arpan’s story in a concise manner across a diverse stakeholder set.
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of successful execution of organizational/ department strategy.
- Demonstrated skills of achieving targets and developing new fundraising opportunities.
|7. Educational Qualification
||MBA/PGDBM in Marketing & Communications
|8. Desired Experience
||Combination of corporate experience and social sector work. Experience in child sexual abuse or psychology is NOT a requirement. Critical to have extensive experience in a mid-management role that is accountable for communications with an external group. Should have experience in running teams.
|9. Other desired attributes
||Ability to work in a small team; interested in setting up and building organizations for the long term, good inter-personal skills; ability to handle high pressure situations
|11. Salary range
||As per market standards and relevant academic qualifications and experiential background of the selected candidate